Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:08:42 -0700

I am wondering if anyone on the list has been diagnosed with celiac disease
that did not have any intestinal symptoms.  I have no intestinal symptoms
but am having problems with calcium aborption (or maybe vitamin d which is
causing low calcium and high parathyroid levels).  The doctors seem to
think it is celiac disease altho the blood work came out negative.  Seems I
have the opposite problem as some others do.  I am getting diagnosed this
way in spite of negative tests etc. !  If anyone has any experience with
this, I would appreciate a reply.  Thanks, Kathy