Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 14:33:31 -0400

In the continuing discussion of the necessity of biopsy I realize the level
of discussion is getting a little heated, but some clarification is in order.
 I am one of the people who was discussing the difficulty of the biopsy (and
I'm NOT trying to talk anyone out of this necessary procedure), but it was
directly related to a particular gastroenterogolosts ineptitude and the
uncertainty and pain that followed.  At least one other person in my celiac
support group also used this dr. and found him to be imcompetent. (But that
is a whole other issue).
The point is, in my case I went through a painful biopsy, with several
mistakes and "redos".  Only to back with an uncertain diagnosis.(I was told I
had a "mild case" of CD,whatever that means.  And I am not responding
totoally to the diet, even 'tho I have stopped losing weight.
I know it is easy for Drs to say just have another biopsy, but they should
realize that this is not an easy procedure, and if it is not going to result
in a conclusive diagnosis it is unrealistic to expect us to just keep doing
it.
Comments?