From:
Doris E Valentine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:26:22 -0600

A while back I posed the question as to whether there were others out
there who had diagnosed CD and Aplastic Anemia in their families.  For
those of you who missed the question - I am diagnosed CD.  My son was
diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia when he was 10 yrs. old.  After a bone
marrow transplant, he died from a rejection of the transplant.  The
majority of those who reponded said that they did indeed have both in the
family unit.  There were 6 who responded - not many, but then I can't
help but believe this was an unusual question.  Four said that they had
older family members who died from Aplastic Anemia.  Two gave information
and basically said that the two conditions mentioned were in no way
related.  I will continue to read what I can and let you know if I find
out anything new.  In the mean time, thanks for the responses.  There
were others who responded with condolences and "TLC".  Those were also
greatly appreciated.  Doris