Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:05:07 -0500

I have always been concerned with gluten in the air, as I live within a mile of Quaker Oats, National Oats, ADM, Cargil, General Mills and Penford.
I contacted the University of Chicago about 4 years ago about the matter, and the Dr. said it shouldn't be a problem.  But, I have to totally disagree, as there are days when the wind is blowing and our cars and grass are covered with residue from their smokestacks.  Also, one day I was following a grain truck who forgot to close his dampers, and my van was covered with grain.  Like a fool I washed the van myself-4 days of being sick.
I now stay inside during this time of year and the grain trucks are unloading and running the interstate.
If you are breathing the air, you are inhaling the gluten.
Theresa

*******
*******