From:
Aviva Mandl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:41:54 -0600

I recently contacted Lipton and Celestial Seasonings about teas.  I
couldn't find the email address of the person who requested the
information, sorry.  I was sent the following is a list of Gluten-Free
products that Lipton makes.  After I include the few products I asked
about from Celestial Seasonings.

Lipton: 1-800-697-7897
The following list of Lipton products are gluten free [products with lactose in
them I have put an asterisk (*) next to].  These products do not contain wheat,
rye, oats, barley, or any of their derivatives.  Since products are subject to
reformulation, consumers should periodically check ingredient statements for
specific food intolerances.

Lipton Cup Size Tea Bags
Regular and Decaffeinated

Lipton Family Size Tea Bags
Regular and Decaffeinated

Lipton Green Tea Bags
Regular and Jasmine Flavor

Soothing Moments Herbal Tea Bags
Peppermint, Gentle Orange, Cinnamon Apple, Quietly Chamomile, Country Cranberry,
Moonlight Mint, and Ginger Twist

Soothing Moments Flavored Tea Bags
Decaffeinated Blackberry, Raspberry, Orange & Spice, Blackberry, Mint, and
Decaffeinated Orange & Spice

Diet Iced Tea Mix
Lemon, Decaffeinated Lemon, Raspberry, Tea & Lemonade, and Peach* (Peach
wasn't on the lactose-free list)

Sugar Sweetened Iced Tea Mix
Lemon, Decaffeinated Lemon, Tea & Lemonade, Peach, and Raspberry

Calorie Free Iced Tea Mix
Lemon Flavored

Instant Iced Tea Mix
100% Instant Tea, and 100% Instant Decaffeinated Tea

Cup-A-Soup
Broccoli & Cheese*, Chicken Broth, Cream of Chicken*, Tomato, and Cream of
Mushroom*

Kettle Creations
Chicken 'N Onion with Wild Rice

Recipe Secrets Soup Mix
Onion, and Beefy Onion

Wish-Bone Fat Free Dressings
Ranch*, Caesar*, Red Wine Vinaigrette*, Chunky Blue Cheese*, Italian, Thousand
Island, Honey Dijon*, Sweet 'N Spicy French*, and Deluxe French

Wish-Bone Lite Dressings
Ranch*, Chunky Blue Cheese*, Thousand Island, Italian, French*

Wish-Bone Regular Salad Dressings
Chunky Blue Cheese*, Creamy Italian*, Red Wine Vinaigrette, Olive Oil
Vinaigrette, Olive Oil Italian, Italian, Caesar*, Robusto Italian,
Classic House Italian*, Sweet 'N Spicy French, Deluxe French, Thousand
Island, Oriental, Russian*, and Ranch*

Celestial Seasonings: 1-800-525-0347  (They also have a website that
lists all the ingredients of their teas and you can order online -
http://www.celestialseasonings.com  - I don't have any investment in
this company, I'm just a long-time user of their teas.)

I was told some of their teas contain roasted barley but that all tea
ingredients are listed on the labels.  I asked about a few in particular
(my regular flavors and a few I wanted to try).  I was told the
Peppermint (which is decaffeinated) is ok, so is the Tension Tamer (they
have a Tension Tamer Extra that may not be ok, I'm too new at this to
tell, but there are some questionable natural ingredients - to me at
least), Echinacea Cold Season Herb Tea is ok, but the plain Echinacea is
not gluten free.

I've made other calls to other companies as well and have yet to
summarize all the responses to my post as a new member, but I appreciate
all the wonder help/advice I've been given and will put it together soon
to share.  :-)

Aviva
Chicago