From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Paul
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:43:35 -0500

I have osteoporosis caused by my celiac.  My doctor has me taking Forteo.

Before I started taking Forteo, I was taking 49,000 IUs of vitamin D per week.  For reasons that are important (to this story), I stopped taking vitamin D.  But now I've started again.

I started taking vitamin D again on Saturday.  Since Saturday, I have taken 21,000 IUs.

Since this morning, I have felt queasy, and I have a funny, vitamin-y taste in my mouth.

Is this a signal that I should stop taking vitamin D -- that 21,000 IUs is my limit?  Or do people think there's something else going on?

I know that the vitamin D is gluten-free.  It says so on the package.  And, I've never had this problem before.  I should also add that these new, massive doses of vitamin D are the only thing that has changed in my diet.  That makes me pretty sure that the vitamin D has something to do with the way that I'm feeling, but I'm just wondering if anybody has any other ideas or can confirm my suspicion.

Thanks very much,

Richard Paul
Washington, DC