From:
Nicole Gast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:39:17 -0800

I know all about the fact that you should stay
completely gluten free if you've been diagnosed, but I
have two questions.

I have had traces of wheat and honestly have eaten it
knowingly, but not very much, since I was diagnosed
about two years ago. Sometimes, a new diet is hard to
adjust to, and as I'm sure everyone knows it get's
frustrating sometimes.

Point is, I am pregnant with my first baby... and I'm
22 weeks.

1. If I have a craving, which I have, for a McDonald's
cheeseburger with the bread, and I give in, is it
going to cause damage?

2. What does eating bread do to your unborn baby?

I have been doing good sticking to the diet, with the
cravings, and trying very hard to find gluten free
substitutes, but it's hard if you crave pretzels and
then have to wait while you order them in the mail.

Any words of advice will be greatful.

Nikki