Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:57:11 -0700

At 04:14 PM 8/28/99 -0700, Christie Priem wrote:

>Has anyone called S & W lately to ask them where their citric acid comes from?
>I am going to try tomatoes again after not eating them for a while (they
>seemed to be upsetting my stomach, but I'm not sure if it actually was them)
>and have S & W.  Wanted to try some Sunday and can't call the company before
>then.  Thanks!

I thought I'd answer this to the list since I didn't have enough material
for a summary on my question about canned tomatoes. I said I seemed to be
sensitive to canned tomatoes. Well I got all sorts of suggestions as to GF
cans of tomatoes, including Del Monte. I got the Muir Glen Italian
tomatoes. They were GF, and the can was lined with something white so the
acid couldn't react with the tin or the metal of the can. They were very
good tasting. I still had problems. So I suppose I have some weird problem
with canned tomatoes of all kinds. No problems at all with raw or home
cooked tomatoes. And I have  hunch that this is not an uncommon problem
with celiacs, many of whom seem to have a problem with high acid production
anyway.

Are Heart Attacks God's Revenge For Eating His Animal Friends? -vance