Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 16:21:47 -0800

At 04:30 PM 11/13/99 -0800, Jessie James wrote:

>Some canola crops may follow wheat, but not all of them.  Many farmers now
>grow canola as a main crop.
>
>I restate "Canola itself is gf, any safe food may be contaminated."

Jessie, I can't say whether or not Canola has gluten in it, but I can
assure you that many celiacs are sensitive to it. For the first five years
I was GF I kept seeing posts to the list that said some were sensitive to
Canola. I just thought: Gee, I'm sure glad I'm not that sensitive. But I
kept noticing that I had a slight reaction only after eating dinner at home
in the evenings, which is when my working wife tends to cook. "She who must
be obeyed" cooks scrupulously GF, and almost always with Canola. Finally my
dim brain made the connection, and I asked her to stop using Canola. No
more reactions in the evenings. I know this is just anecdotal, but if
you're having probs, try it; you'll like it :) -vance

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."