From:
Raj Subramaniam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:33:34 -0500

Listmates,

Thank you all for sending me suggestions about Celiac Friendly
Accommodations in Seattle.  I received about 4 replies.  One person
forwarded several e-mails which had been sent to the list in the past.
I have listed responses below. I did not include an old e-mail with the
subject heading "Seattle/Orcas Tips."  It lists several health food
stores (but no accommodations) and can be found in the archives.

Thanks again,

Theresa in New York

There is a place called Extended StayAmerica.  the phone number is
1-877-372-8632.  They are affordable and come with full refrig. stove,
kitchen.  We stayed at 2 in Forida.  They are quiet nice in one place we paid
$49. a nite and the other we paid $79. a nite for 2.   If you stay for a week
the rate is cheaper than the nightly rate.  They are all centrally located,
clean and a bargain.  It is basically known by the business traveler and got
a nice right up in U.S. A. TODAY.  They have 3 catagories of rooms Studio,
Studio Plus and another catagory that I cannot remember.  For 4 or you you
would need the Studio Plus.  It has one large bedroom, a large desk, a pull
out sofa and the complete kitchen.  All the other aminities that other hotels
offer but not resturant attatched.

Their website is   www.extstay.com

If you do not get many responses, please contact Gluten Intolerance Group
(GIG) in Seattle, WA for information.

Gluten Intolerance Group
15110 10th Ave SW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98166-1820

Telephone:         206-246-6652
Fax:                    206-246-6531
Website:             www.gluten.net
Email:                [log in to unmask]

Executive Director: Cynthia Kupper, C.R.D. (CertifiedRegistered Dietitian)
(and she has Celiac Disease) is very willing to work with anyone that calls.
Cynthia also has credentials as a former C.D.E. (Certified Diabetes Educator).

The Sunflower Restaurant in Seattle (billed as a bakery) is accustomed
to dealing with special dietary needs, but one should still be cautious.
They are on the corner of 65th st. NE and 32nd ave.

The "Nara Grill" serves elegant food.  A fellow celiac had a good
experience.  The food was fabulous.  They cook the food at your table.
At 2027 5th Ave almost straight across the street from the Westin.  They
also have a sushi bar.

Ruen Thai, on second street in Langley WA on Whibey Island, is a Thai
restaurant described as "Celiac heaven."

On the way to Langley, just outside Clinton at Ken's Corner mini-mall
there is a good italian restuarant.