From:
lynn ranen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 20:09:12 -0400

I have just discovered celiac and think that this may be the solution to the
GI distress that I have been suffering for the past 2 years (the doctors say
it is "stress", " too much coffee", "not enough fun", "drinking too many
sodas", or "eating too many beans" - as if I would be in the same room as a
bean!  Apparently, they think it is all in my head.)

After trying the gluten free diet for 3 days, I was immediately releived of
all my symptoms for 5 days of "miracle cure."  Unfortunately, my "miracle
cure" began slipping away and even though I have remained GF, I have relapsed
(although not as bad as when I was eating gluten) I have been meticulous in
my diet -- in fact, on Day#2 of my renewed health, I went through the
pantry/fridge and threw away anything that might have gluten in it.  I bought
the GF Gourmet cookbook and More GF Gourmet cookbook and all new
flour/food/etc and called the mfg.  about vitamins, etc.  etc.

My question is this -- is this relapse normal?  or do I [once again] have the
wrong illness for my problems?  Why would I feel so wonderful and then begin
to decline again?  (I am on GF Day #15) Or, better yet, how long does one
have to be GF to actually eliminate GI symptoms?

Thanks for your help--
Lynn

ps:  symptoms = WAY too much gas and constipation (unusual for celiac, I
think, but possible)

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;
knock and it will be opened to you. "
                                        Matthew 7:7