From:
lynn ranen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 23:15:02 -0400

I asked whether or not anyone had the experience of "miraculous cure" brought
about by a change to a GF diet, followed by a "relapse" (return of symptoms)
despite remaining GF.  (my symptoms = some constipation and way too much
gas!)

First, thank you to those who replied for your support and reassurances.  I
received 30 replies with the following breakdown in response:

persons who had initial relapses despite diet [14, with time to full recovery
ranging from 6 months to 2 years]

the following were offered as possible cause for relapse:
probable ingestion of gluten (hidden in medication, postage stamps, mouthwash,
toothpaste, etc) [8]
allergic reaction to soy, eggs, corn, other [7]
reaction to sugar [2] or lactose [14] since the intestines have not healed fully

recommended I get immediate testing (before being too well to test properly) [7]

So, once again, thanks!  I still think that the GF diet will prevail, so I'm
sticking to it.  In the meantime, I'm trying to find a doctor that has even
heard of celiac (but I have a possible lead furnished by a contact at a
nearby support group) Wish me luck!!!

lynn
[log in to unmask]  hollywood, florida
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;
knock and it will be opened to you. "
                                        Matthew 7:7