From:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:22:08 -0400

I recently called Hunt’s (no affiliation) to ask if my favorite product was
gluten free.  The person who answered had information ready for me and told me
that all their diced tomato products are GF except the Diced Tomatoes with Mild
Green Chilis.  Also, avoid their ketchups, BBQ sauces, and spaghetti sauces.
There may be one or two ok spaghetti sauces but you will have to call to ask.
The person had no info regarding dedicated lines or cross-contamination and
would not send me an email list due to frequent ingredient changes but
suggested calling regularly.  It was a quick call.

My favorite product is Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Basalmic Vinegar, Basil and
Olive Oil.  I make the following recipe regularly.  You can cook everything in
the microwave.

4 to 6 oz. hamburger, cooked
2 cups instant rice
1½ cans Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Basalmic vinegar, basil and olive oil
shredded Mexican cheese

Cook hamburger.  Prepare rice as per box instructions.  Mix rice, hamburger and
canned tomatoes in large casserole.  Heat in microwave.  Serve topped with
cheese.  Vary ingredients to taste.  Good without the hamburger.