From:
Elaine Mathews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:13:06 -0500

Dear List Members,

I have been reading your frustrations on trying to get recognition for ADD,
and ADHD children diagnosed with gluten sensitivity/celiac disease.

I am currently working on getting juvenile dermatomyositis patients (all
myositis) TESTED and diagnosed as being gluten sensitive/celiac.  I have
even shown that these two diseases share the same celiac gene.  This is a
very difficult thing to accomplish on your own because our support group in
Cleveland has not met in over a year.  Also these children are on high
dosages of chemo drugs, immunosuppresants, and I.V.I.G.  I helped one little
girl get diagnosed over the internet. She is now on the gluten free diet and
is returning back to school.  Still using a cane but not a walker.

Here is what I have been doing:

Start posting on the ADD, ADHD bulletin boards to the parents to get their
children tested.  They can get tested using Dr. Fines new stool test $99.
See www.finerhealth.com and www.enterolab.com.  Keep insisting they should
get tested and POST all of the information you can find relating
celiac/gluten sensitivity to ADD, ADHD.  Abstracts, true cases etc. etc.

Keep records of the people that you do find that have ADD, ADHD and gluten
sensitivity/celiac sprue.

Find out who at the NIH studies ADD, ADHD. Write to them and tell them of
your findings. Also here is a name to contact in which I have been in
contact:

Dr. Frederick W. Miller, Chief, Environmental Autoimmunity Group, Office
of Clinical Research, National Institute of Environmental Health
Sciences, NIH Building 29B, Room 2G11, HFM 561, 8800 Rockville Pike,
Bethesda, MD 20892, (301) 827-0659, email [log in to unmask]

Write to him and tell him that all people with autoimmune disorders and
those listed under Dr. Fines website should be tested.  IDEALLY EVERY
AMERICAN SHOULD BE TESTED!!!  Certainly you cannot biopsy all of these
people.  Blood tests are not as accurate as Dr. Fines.  Dr. Fine is
Head of the Intestinal Health Institute in Texas and is from Baylor
University.  He is a genius to have developed this test.  I can speak
from experience.

Now get going support groups and start getting these people tested and
insist they use Dr. Fines simple stool test.  He even has a gene test where
all you need to do is schwab their mouths.  Also other tests for food
intolerance and malabsorption.  Now get busy!!!!

Elaine