From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:40:12 EDT

Just wanted to let those of you who are preparing for the Jewish holidays
that Hagman's first or second book has a pasta recipe (look under Chinese
Noodles in the index), that I use to make kreplach each year. I'm sure it
would do for ravioli as well.
I have no specific recipe for kreplach. I just saute in enough oil to coat
bottom of frying pan....diced onion (I'd say one large onion to 1 lb of
meat), salt, pepper, and ground beef in a frying pan till done and use it as
filling.
(Leftover mixture either gets devoured on the spot, or I use it in spaghetti
sauce over gf pasta.) Roll out dough (have extra amount of gf flour handy to
sprinkle on your hands, the counter surface, the rolling pin..to make dough
workable and not sticky).  Cut into approx. 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares (crooked
is o.k.). Put a tablespoon(??) of cooked meat mixture in center. Fold
diagonally, so you end up with a triangle..dab fingers in cool water to use
as "glue" around the edges. Press edges down with fork points...like
finishing off the edge of a pie crust. Drop into generous amount of boiling,
salted water. Boil till dough is done.
These freeze well. I just wrap cooled kreplach--about 5-6 at a time...in foil
and when I need them, I unwrap and drop the hole thing in boiling soup.

Happy New Year....

Linda