From:
J. S. Weihofen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 06:38:10 EST

Hello again everyone,

       The overwhelming response to my question about the information I was
given about spelt and graham flours being gf is as I thought, they are NOT gf
nor have they been made or declared as such recently.  Also, everyone felt it
was a good opportunity to inform the people at King Arthur Flour of their
mistake, which is just what I did, in a nice way and also gave them some web
sites to check for the info about CD.  Their "in-house" celiac also has
diabetes and I suggested she should sign on to this list if she hasn't done
so already.  Originally I was going to ask KA about the gf status of a number
of their items but I think I'll wait on that, hopefully in the future when
they are asked, they will be able to give a knowledgeable answer!
      On the brighter side...I just got B. Hagman's new Dessert Cookbook and
made the Peaches and Cream cake...all I can say is GREAT! Even my husband
enjoyed it.

      Thanks again for the responses.  Stay healthy and happy.    Jean in IL
PS: Just received an apology from the fellow at KA but no word as to whether
he or the company would pursue gaining any correct info about CD!  We still
have a long way to go folks......