Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:02:41 -0500

From: Rachel <[log in to unmask]>
easy dairy-free fudge recipe

ok, if Mackenzie were eating nuts, this would be absolutely perfect. but I
made it nut-free, and it's a little sweet to just have the fudge, in my
opinion.

but here goes - I mixed a substitution I had gotten recently with the
marshmallow creme recipe "easy fantasy fudge"

3/4 cup safe margarine (I used Fleischmann's unsalted)
3 cups sugar
2/3 cup soy cream (put 1/3 cup soy milk in a blender, whirl and add 1/3 cup
oil slowly while whirling)
1 12oz package safe chocolate chips
1 7oz jar marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 tsp vanilla

Lightly grease a 13x9 inch pan or a 9x9 inch pan.

Mix margarine, sugar, and soy cream in a heavy 2.5-3 quart saucepan,
bringing to full rolling boil on medium heat, whisking constantly.

Continue boiling at least 5 minutes (it was longer)until candy thermometer
reaches 234 degrees F whisking constantly to prevent scorching. remove from
heat.

gradually stir in chips until melted. add marshmallow creme, vanilla,
optional nuts and mix well.

Pour into prepared pan and let cool at room temp.

Cut into squares and eat :) - this tastes just like what my mom makes every
xmas! yay!