From:
Ryen Lubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryen Lubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:43:37 -0700

  Part 2 of Summary:

  I just have a suggestion of going on a cruise instead. We are going on

our

8th cruise

in December, a 10 day cruise. I have had diabetes since 71 and CD

since

1996

and we often go to the places you mentioned but eat on the ship for the

most

part., they really

accommodate you. Carnival is the party ships and the most crowded, now

that

we are older

we prefer Celebrity and that's the one we're taking again this time.

We

leave out of Ft Lauderdale

as that is easier than leaving out of Miami. We go in the winter

because it

is already hotter than Hades

in Charleston, SC. We have left out of Charleston twice.

I was in the Bahamas this past May - surprisingly anyone I spoke to in the restaurants (managers, Cooks)
knew what I was talking about when I said I have celiac disease! We ate most nights at the Atlantis –
they have 2 really nice buffet restaurants. For lunch, we would just do the poolside grills at the Atlantis
and get bunless burgers or salads. We ventured off of the Atlantis once and ate at a place called
Anthony's Grill on Paradise Island. The manager, Kim, knew all about CD and
even assured me they would clean the grill for me! I didn't even have to ask!
I know there is an Outback Steakhouse in Nassau as well.

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 105+

national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free

items.

There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to

restaurant

personnel to ease the ordering process.

Give it a look and enjoy your trip.