From:
Lori Kelley-Mull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Kelley-Mull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:53:12 -0400

Hi all, I need some help.  I am new at this and I am not sure what to think. I was diagnosed this past May - I went to the doc because I had been having terrible tummy pain.  I have been gf for two months now.

Last night (2:30am) I woke up with horrible tummy pain and diarrhea (sp?).  I am guessing I accidently ingested gluten.  I am trying to figure out (a) if it really was a gluten reaction and (b) what caused it.  On thursday I ate at McDonald's (beef patty and fries) and had dinner at outback (ordered from gf menu).  Yesterday I ate Utz cheese curls (small amount) and a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery (Giant in VA) that they claimed was gf.  Should I assume it was the chicken?  Or could my reaction last night have been from something I ate on Thursday?  Any guidance is appreciated.

Also, I have been wondering about something else.  I have a 2 yr old and an 11 mo old.  The 11 mo old typically smears her food all over her face when she eats.  I try to wash her as much as possible following her meals.  My questions is - is it still okay to kiss her face after she eats gluten?  I usually don't wask her face with soap - just with water and a cloth. And of course I only kiss her face after washing her off.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Lori