Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 15:09:34 -0400

   [If we could get some of you medical professionals
   [like Dr. Horvath and Dr. Fasano to tell the family doctors,
   [pediatricians and GI's more about CD, that ethnic background doesn't
   [matter, height and weight don't matter,

Hi TIm,
I just read a medical information about celiac sprue here on DELPHI that
read that Jewish people do not get this..Guess what?
I could forward it to here but I would rather not but maybe we could
critique it and at least send a note to the source of the medical info it
came from?
When I was DXed it was not taken seriously at all...In fact when I came on
here I went back to my medical records and found out I do have this..
All I was given back then was a sheet of paper with a "diet" on it..
And that was that..I had to learn from  La Leache  leaugue leader..
Son was DXed too at age 2..He is doing well and is healthy now at age 22..
How to make the true knowledge known. I can try to help.
I live in Atlanta and when I called the "suuprt" group here there is really
not too much going on..So again I am kinda left in the dark and learning on
my own. Which is ok..but it would be nice to try to amke this more well
known.
Thanks for listening.
Chana