From:
Deborah Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:16:00 -0500

A friend of mine's daughter has numerous classic symptoms of Celiac;
fatigue, thinness, ongoing diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal
problems. When they ask the doctor about the possibility of Celiac the
doctor said that her problems were lower GI and thus it could not be
Celiac. He quipped that Celiac disease damage would be in the upper GI.
She ask how he knew her damage wasn't in the upper GI too since they had
only biopsied the lower GI tract. Apparently her question did not make
him change his mind about doing a Celiac test on her.

I am newly diagnosed myself and do not know many things about Celiac. Is
it possible to have irritable bowel or leaky gut type symptoms in the
lower GI as well as being Celiac?

Somewhere I saw a list of common Celiac misdiagnoses. Can someone point
me to that list.

Deborah Martin
from central Oklahoma