Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:19:04 -0600

I really love the recipe on glutenfreeonashoestring.com.  I've used better
batter and more recently I use the America's Test Kitchen gf flour blend.
You can google the recipe.  I've use the ATK gf flour for all manner of
things and it's been excellent.
_____
5 people recommended this: Have you tried King Arthur Flour's recipe for
gluten free popovers?  I have had good luck with this recipe.
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-popovers-recipe
_____
Here is a wonderful recipe I found in the San Francisco Chronicle.  t tried
it and they were wonderful --big, puffy, eggy and tasted great.  Hope you
can try it.

*Gluten-Free Popovers Makes 6 standard or 10 small popovers* This recipe
makes 6 popovers in a standard popover pan or 10 smaller ones in a mini
popover pan, standard muffin tin or 1/2-cup custard cups. These are as
lofty and delicious as those made with regular all-purpose flour. Because
there is no gluten in the flour, it is not necessary to let the batter rest
before using it. However, it can be refrigerated up to 24 hours if you want
to make it ahead.

1 1/2 cups nonfat, whole or low-fat milk

3 large eggs 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour

6 tablespoons white rice flour

2 teaspoons sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

-- Pan spray

-- Butter or flavored butter, for serving

*Instructions: *Preheat the oven to 375 degrees for conventional, 350 for
convection.

Heat the milk in a saucepan until bubbles appear around the edges of the
pan. Or, heat in a microwave until hot, but not boiling. Remove from the
heat. Mix the eggs in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer or stand mixer
using the paddle or whisk attachment at medium speed. Or mix by hand with a
whisk, in a blender or a food processor until frothy. While mixing,
gradually pour in the hot milk. Whisk together the flours, sugar and salt
in a small bowl; add to the egg mixture and blend at low speed until
thoroughly incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix in the
melted butter. Place the popover pan, standard muffin tin or custard cups
in the oven for 2-3 minutes; remove from the oven and spray the sides and
top edges of the cups with pan spray. Whisk the batter well and divide
among the cups, filling almost to the top. Bake at 375 degrees until puffed
and deeply browned, about 35-40 minutes for small popovers or 45-50 minutes
for standard ones. The longer the popovers bake, the less they will
deflate. If they are browning unevenly the last 10 minutes, rotate the pan.
Remove the popovers from the pan and serve immediately. Or, for crisper
ones, remove to a rimmed baking sheet where they can be held uncovered for
up to 4 hours Before serving, preheat the oven to 450° and reheat 3-5
minutes, or until hot and crisp.

*Per standard popover: *236 calories, 8 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g
fat (5 g saturated), 123 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.
_____
Awww I completely understand and have a perfect recommendation! The pioneer
cook book from years ago 'the gluten free gourmet' by bettee Hagman has
perfect popovers in it. Never ever fail and you can use any of the gf flour
blends you desire. I use namaste, I have used Bob's, or Bettee's blends.
It's a can't miss. I have made them both in regular muffin pans as well as
the huge popover pans. Both work perfectly! She had three cookbooks, so if
you can peek inside to make sure you have the one with the popovers. I do
believe it's that first one I mention above. But I am not at home to double
check.
_____
I'm a fan of this blog: Gluten Free on Shoestring, and have several of her
cookbooks.  The recipes are not always easy to make - I'm usually lacking
some kind of specialty GF/health food ingredient she wants, but this one is
from her first book and seems easy enough.
 http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/tis-the-season-of-giving/
_____
I make popovers and puffy pancakes often. Lately I've been using the King
Arthur GF flour mix (not baking mix) and a straight substitution - do not
add guar or Xanthan gum! I make sure the pans are very hot, the butter in
each cup/pan is completely melted and then mix the batter in the blender,
starting with the eggs, blending well, then add the other ingredients,
starting and ending with liquid. Once everything is in the blender, run it
at least 90 seconds, and then immediately pour it into the very hot pans.
Do not skimp on the fat in the pans - that's what gives the popovers the
right crust texture.* Do not* open the oven before the minimum baking time
is up, or they may fall.
_____
I make them all the time using King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Multi-Purpose
flour mix;... I use the same recipe for Yorkshire puddings and fill the
popover cups with beef drippings.  Excellent every single time!  If the box
has changed and the recipe is no longer there, let me know and I will send
to you.