From:
Debbie Resch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:38:46 -0500

Many people contacted me to request information about the Health Food Store
in North Jersey which carries readymade GF products.  Below is the
information I was able to compile.  Thanks to all who replied with helpful
information.

The health food store is "THE HAPPY CARROT" located at 636 Kinderkamack
Road in River Edge, New Jersey (north Jersey - near Paramas) Their phone #
is 201/986-0818.   I have  given  the directions below which George gave
to me knowing that I am coming from South Jersey.

They carry a variety of "Foods by George" who specializes in many homemade
GF breads, cakes and pasta (wonderful ravioli) .  I spoke to George on the
phone today.  He used to rent space at The Happy Carrot but has gotten
busier and now has a wholesale business located in Glenrock, NJ.   He
mostly supplies Health Food Stores and can be connected at 201/612-9700.
He is going to send me a mail order form and information which I will post
to the list.  You can call his distributor at 1-800-829-5100 to find out if
there is a health food store nearby carrying "Foods by George."  I believe
his products are only available on the East Coast at this point.

Directions to the Happy Carrot from South Jersey

Garden State Parkway Exit 161
Route 4 EAST -> 1 mile to Spring Valley Road
Get off and go left over the overpass
Stay right on Spring Valley Road  NORTH for 3/4 mile
look for third street on the right which is Howland
Turn right on Howland
Go approximately 1 1/5 miles to intersection
Turn left onto Kinderkamack Road
Crazy Carrot is 1/2 mile on right

George says there is a very good Asian Supermarket across the street from
The Happy Carrot and they have good prices on a variety of flours.

Debbie Resch