From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:14:22 -0500

I didn't receive as many responses as I hoped for, but I think it may help
some of you.

One person suggested County Line BBQ restaurant on the Riverwalk.  She said
the chef made up a special GF BBQ sauce and it was a wonderful meal.  Also
the wait staff was very good.

A couple suggest that Mexican food is, in general, pretty safe.  Avoid the
fajitas (marinated) and check that nothing (flour, etc.) is added to the
refried beans or meat mixture.  One suggested to ask for Spanish sauce
instead of Chili sauce.

A couple others suggested steak houses.  (Although one said they ate at a
steak house on the Riverwalk that was not good and overpriced.)  Plain
(unmarinated) steaks and baked potatoes were recommended.

One said they had eaten at an "older Mexican" restaurant on the Riverwalk,
and there was not much that was GF.  They put flour in the tamales and the
chili also had flour in it.

Another suggested that I find a B&B from www.innseekers.com and ask the
owner for GF-friendly restaurant suggestions.  She had a friend who had
stayed at at B&B in San Antonio and the owner had made suggestions to her.

Another suggested El Pollo Loco fast food.  (Not on the Riverwalk.)  Their
chicken is charcoal broiled and only marinated in orange juice.  Their
beans and such are GF too.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  It was a rainy day when we were there, so
we ended up at the food court of River Center mall.  I was glad I had
brought a sandwich for Kevin!

Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 3yo w/Celiac and Brian 7yo no Celiac
Fort Worth, TX, USA