From:
"S. Mcleod" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S. Mcleod
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:43:37 +1200

Has anyone else had this experience and could it be wheat/gluten related?

For  the second time my 7 year old has had a rash, (raised, red and itchy, ?sore) where the sticky part of a bandaid (sticking plaster) has been. Both times the bandaid was on the knee, but this does not happen every time she has a bandaid on. It takes a while to go away - over a week I think. Sometimes she also has milder rash reactions to bandaids - redness only.

This time round we have just discovered that the box of rice shapes we have been eating for the past week is no longer gf  (for those in Australia and New Zealand, I'm talking about Arnott's Rice Shapes, BBQ chicken flavour). She has also developed an itchy red rash over the knuckles of her hand.

My daughter is at least wheat intolerant, but is on a gf diet just in case. She has reacted badly to a sulphur based eye ointment in the past, and insect bites. Interestingly our other daughter, who is a biopsy-confirmed celiac, hates wearing bandaids.
Thanks for your help,
Stella.