From:
John R Faulconer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:43:46 EST

Hi everyone:
  Thanks to the info. on this list, I went to my internist and insisted I
get a bone density scan.  I got the results yesterday and of course, the
bone mineralization in my pelvis and femur is only 70% of what it should
be.  Gratefully my spine is in great shape.
 Thank you everyone for this list and esp. the folks who run and maintain
it.  NO doctor ever even mentioned bone density to me. None!! I've been
diagnosed for 7 years now.  I've got 4 kids and breastfed them all at
least a year.  Oh,..........
  So, that brings me to my question.  This internist wants me to take
Fosimax.  She gave me samples and the info. with the samples clearly said
that it was for post-menopausal women.  Are there any pre-menopausal
women out there taking this medication?? or other medication?I'm 38 yrs
old and so am not post -menopausal.
  Also, I'd really be interested in hearing from any of you folks that
have tried this medication - any side effects?  any bone density
improvement???
  This of course, is rather upsetting, but at least now I know what I'm
dealing with and am certainly glad to know so that maybe something can be
done.  Thanks again to all  who make this list possible it truly is a
life line  :)

Lynn