From:
Norman Dewar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 11:54:17 -0300

To the group:

        I appreciate hearing about suspect foods especially ones that should
be safe but rather than get hung up on whether this food or that food may
contain gluten, or why, or if it is an intolerance or an allergy, if some of
us are having a problem with a certain food that's what is important.  If the
food can be easily substituted or removed from your diet, do that.

        For example, Lipton's onion soup mix appears on some safe product
lists in Canada.  It does contain ingredients that make it suspect.  My family
was using it as a seasoning in homemade soups etc.  I never got " sick" with
it but I didn't feel quite right.  I mentioned this to another celiac and she
had the same experience.  If I hadn't mentioned it to her, I may have
continued to pass off my reaction and continued to use this product.  I don't
really care why I reacted, I just eliminated that product from my diet.

Norman Dewar, Prince Edward Island, Canada