From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:09:45 -0500

The Alamo Celiac San Antonio Fall meeting will be Saturday, Oct. 2 at noon
at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive, San Antonio, Texas.  If
you are a first time visitor, you do not need to bring a dish to share.
Just come, get acquainted, and sample some tasty gluten-free dishes.  For
those of you bringing a dish, remember to bring a listing of the
ingredients, and possibly the recipe to share in the newsletter.

We will have several exciting new products to sample.  Rudi's GF bread from
Boulder, Colorado is one of the newest offerings in the GF bread arena.
Rudi's has been a successful bakery in Boulder for over 30 years and now has
a new GF baking facility.  To go with the bread, we have Kettle Cuisine Clam
Chowder.  Sounds like the perfect pairing.  To finish off these samples
there will be 1-2-3 Cake mixes arriving, and volunteers will be baking them
for us.

If you would like to volunteer to bake one of these cakes, or if you are
willing to come early to help set up, please let me know.   We will need
another volunteer to greet newcomers at the door and direct them to the gym.
The location we usually use is under construction, but we do have access to
the kitchen.  The gym is just down a ramp from the kitchen and through the
double doors.

After our potluck lunch there will be a panel of board members Lynn
Rainwater, Susan Revier and Anne Barfield who will answer your questions
about gluten-free living.  This will be the time to ask those questions you
have but have not found good answers for.

We hope you and your family will join us at this Alamo Celiac San Antonio
meeting.  Members from other cities are always welcome!  If you have any
questions you can contact me at 210 340-0648 or
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] .

Anne Barfield

Alamo Celiac GIG

San Antonio Chair, Membership

Defensive Dining Chair