From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:54:31 -0500

Thanks to all who replied.  This is a big list of restaurants to choose from.   Rita

Bubba Gump's at Navy Pier
Ben Pao
Weber Grill
P.F. Chang's
Vinci
Adobo Grill

I wanted to report a very good experience with a suburban Chicago  Restaurant... Big Bowl in Schaumburg.   I talked to the server about my needs, and she had some knowledge of what was required, but got the store manager who discussed options with me. While it was not on their menu, he had a sauce that could be made to meet my needs - and my meal was excellent. I got great attention to detail and a tasty meal that was so good I didn't have any leftovers and not even the slightest reaction! I'll go back again!!

The restaurant was Grace O'Malley's in the South Loop, which is very up and coming!  The atmosphere was very cozy and charming with a friendly staff who answered all of our questions.  If anyone is coming to Chicago, this South Loop restaurant is a real     gem for celiacs! Just mention the MetroCeliacs or ask for Jennifer and your dining experience will be smooth sailing. No worries and excellent cuisine.

American Girl Cafe at American Girl Place Chicago now serves tea sandwiches on gluten-free bread, gluten-free cookies and scones and sorbet for dessert at their Afternoon Tea. (Previously their "gf menu" choices consisted of mini-hotdogs without buns and fresh fruit)

just heard that Barraco's Pizzeria & Ristorante in Orland Park (17845 S. Wolf Rd.) is now serving gluten-free pasta! I have also heard that Aurelio's Pizza in Frankfort and Mokena, IL are now serving gluten-free pizza.

Guardi's Pizza in Tinley Park (carry-out only) has been serving gf pizza and pasta, but these other two restaurants will be an nice dine-in alternative!

I had made reservations for Stetson's Chop House in downtown Chicago, through Open Table ( http://www.opentable.com/) in the comment area I put down that I am allergic to gluten/wheat.  When we got to Stetson's, the manager, Bradley,  must have asked to be  alerted when we got there because he came right over and introduced  himself and asked which one had the food allergy.  He worked with me thru the evening to insure that I did not ingest any gluten.  He was most kind and very friendly.  So thank you, Bradley, for helping me enjoy the evening!!

Wildfire, West Eerie, Manager: Ralph

Vinci Restaurant, 1732 Halstad Street, 312-266-1199

North Side, near the small theater district, Gluten Free Menu

Joe's Stone Crab, 60 East Grand Avenue, 312-379-5637

Enzo and Lucia's, Long Grove, 40 miles NW of Chicago

Breadsmith, 1710 North Wells/North Ave, 312-642-5858

Mc Donalds, Field Museum

Lone Star Steak House

Giardano's Pizza, Bring gf pizza crust and they will make you a pizza

Twin Anchors

Hard Rock Café

Ghiradelli's Ice cream

Adobe Grill, Owned by same owners as Vinci

Atwood Café

Whole Foods Market, , ate/Erie/Huon, www.wholefoods.com

Salpicon, Wells Street, Mexican

Chao

Spagos

Dearborn/Grand, Crème brulee

Sunset Foods, Church Street, Northbrook, 847-272-700

P.F, Changs, State Street

Morton's Steak House, Meacham Road, North of Golf Road/Woodfield Mall

Stir Crazy

Maggiano's Cheesecake Factory

Boston Market

Cyrano's, Wells, French Bistro

Shaw Crab House

Ruth Chris's

George and Georgetti

Smith and Wollensky

Enjoy Life, www.enjoylifefoods.com

Ben Pao, 52 West Ilinois, Chicago, IL 60610, 312-222-1888

Bistro 110, 110 East Pearson , by Water Tower, Chicago, IL 60611, 312-266-3110

Bistro Zinc, 3443 North Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60657, 773-281-3443

Charlie Trotter's, 816 West Armitage, Chicago, IL 60614, 773-248-6228

Chicago Diner, 3411 North Halsted Street/Lincoln Ave, 773-935-6696, gf menu

Fireside Restaurant and Lounge, 5739 North Ravenswood, 773-878-5942

Flat Top Grill, 319 West North Ave, 312-787-7676 and 1000 West Washington, 312-829-4800

Frontera Grill, 445 North Clark Street, 312-661-1131

Heartland Café, 7000 North Glenwood Ave, 773-465-8005

Hubbard Street Grill, 351 West Hubbard St 312-222-0770

Mashed Potato Club Restaurant, 316 West Eerie  312-255-8579

Moo Man, 4032 West Peterson, 773-839-2277

Once Upon A Thai, 3705 New Southport Ave, 773-935-6433

 Reza's

Zoop's , gf soup

Ritz Carlton

Applebee's

Culver's

Spice House

Tre Kronor(Foster and Spaulding)

Andy's (Green Grocer),  South of Lawrence

Tango Sur, Southport

Wishbone, Lincoln Ave

Mongolian BBQ, Clark, South of Roscoe

Centennial House of Lincoln Park

Big Bowl, 1950 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173

847-517-8881

Double Tree Hotel, 1909 Spring Road, Oakbrook, Illinois 60523

Atrium Café

Anthony's Chop House