Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:12:23 EDT

I had several suggestions for Provincetown.  They are as follows:

For a wonderful (but not inexpensive) meal in Orleans (on the way), both Abba
and the Nauset Beach House are great options.  Both were very accommodating
and helpful.

Acworth Inn Bed and Breakfast

Brewster Farmhouse Inn Bed and Breakfast

A really good place in Wellfleet is Moby Dick's, although I am not sure if
they are open off season. Also in Wellfleet, PJ's is great. They have really
good clam chowder which if GF. They are just a clam shack type place, but really
good. I think that their french fries are gf also.

I didn't eat at any of the above suggestions.  However, I had great
experiences all weekend.  We asked the concierge at our inn for suggestions and they
were very helpful.
We had dinner at NAPI'S restaurant.  The service was great- I had a caesar
salad and chicken with a spicy tequila sauce, as well as brown rice.

We had lunch at FANIZZI'S BY THE SEA.  A casual restaurant overlooking the
water- great view.  Great service.  I had spinach and artichoke dip and a salad
with grilled chicken.

We had dinner at our inn, The Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa.  Great
service- I had a spinach salad and some of my mom's tomato soup, as well as steak
and ice cream for dessert.

I was surprised to see that all of the waiters/waitresses knew exactly what
gluten was.  When I mentioned wheat, one said "oh you mean gluten"?!!  It was
so nice to not be looked at like I was crazy.  I think Celiac is definitely
getting more awareness from all the press it has received.  It seems like every
time I go out to eat lately the servers are all knowlegable.

On our way home, we stopped at Rancho Chico in Plainville, MA.  They are part
of the gf restaurant awareness program and have a gluten free menu.  They
have great homemade salsa and corn chips and I had fajitas, which were delicious.
 It was nice to order off a menu without having to explain the diet.

~Eleis in NY

*******
*******