Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:29:52 -0500

Hi there,
I just received an email pointing out that adding 1 tbsp of lemon juice
to one cup milk will make sour milk not buttermilk.

If you look on page 35 of Bette Hagman's Revised Edition of 'Living Well
With Out Wheat - The Gluten-Free Gourmet'. (if you have this book)  You
will find it there, as well as other 'replacement' items for your
cooking.

Bette Hagman says that 1 cup yogurt may be used as a (1 cup) buttermilk
replacement.

Sorry, I was just passing on what had been mentioned to me in the email