From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:48:17 -0800

Hi All--

I've been on an antibiotic (Avelox) for four weeks for
chronic sinusitis; the ENT wants me on it another two
weeks. I take it with a full meal, usually lunch, but
now after so long, even with a meal it upsets my
stomach - in a *big* way!

I normally take papaya (sp?) enzyme tablets after
accidental gluten ingestion or the infrequent times I
just have a tummy upset. Does anyone know what effect
the papaya would have on the efficacy of the
antibiotic if I took the papaya after I took the
Avelox? (I don't think I can face another two weeks of
nausea every day...)

Thanks.

Ayn/Kansas