From:
catherine middleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 00:52:36 -0500

Hello popcorn fans. A really simple alternative to packaged microwave
popcorn is to pop the kernels in a yogurt container. I use the 750 g ones
(sorry, don't know what these are in the states, but the big containers).
Make sure it's a heavyish plastic, there are some containers out there I
think would melt. Cut a couple of nickel-sized holes in the lid. Cover the
bottom of the container with popcorn, put the lid on, and pop on high for
about 3 minutes. This works fine in my microwave, which isn't all that
powerful. WATCH your microwave carefully the first time you try this, in
case the container does melt unexpectedly. Take the container out once the
popping stops, even if 3 minutes isn't up. Make sure you use oven mitts to
take the container out and to take the lid off, it will be really hot. This
is really easy, and you can add as much salt or butter as you want (or
leave it plain).

Enjoy,
catherine