From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:36:15 -0700

In the last 6 months I have been going for treatment using NAET.  I have
been given accupressure, not accupuncture.  I am Celiac with many other
intolerances.  My husband was allergic to wheat and diary.  He
suffered his whole life with diarrhea and stomach pain which was checked
out by all sorts of tests and the doctors could never established a
cause.

I suggested wheat because he was allergic to wheat (respitory symtoms and
dairy, because he always had a severe stomachache after eating ice cream
at night) and took him to get NAET with me.  He was very reluctant as he
had always referred to my alternative care doctors as the "Witch
Doctors", but went along anyway.  He never had another problem with
stomach aches after ice cream and his diarrhea disappeared.   Since he
was not a believer, and his symptoms were medically check out I felt that
he would be a good indication of whether it was a true therapy.

I also went and was desensitized for gluten, soy, flouride,egg,
citrus,and several other allergies.  I never seemed to have an outward
symptom when eating eggs or citrus.  I never tested the results for
gluten, because I wanted to leave well enough alone, but felt if it
helped should I get a contamination that would be good.  The results with
me were not good.  I still cannot eat soy and although I usually drink
distilled water, I do drink pepsi, or did.  It seems pepsi changed their
bottling plant.  I did not know it until I started to get the pains I
usually get for flouride (pressure between the shoulder blades and a
feeling of tightness in the chest and throat)  Sure enough the label
disclosed a different plant on the label.  So that was also ineffective.
I believe I still have leaky gut, so the problem could be quite different
than allergy, but that still doesn't help with milk and soy.  I wonder if
those who are allergic are different than those with intolerance.  I show
no allergies on my blood tests, but I also think I have IGA deficiency.
My doctor did not want to test for IGA deficiency because she felt that
if it was identified, there was nothing that they could do about it, so
why waste the money on the test.  I guess everyone will have to make
their own decisions on this issue.  It may help some.  Carol in NJ