From:
Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:17:32 -0600

        Last night my husband brought home a package of Mission brand
white corn tortillas.  (Our usual brand)  He was so proud that he knew
they were gluten free because it said so on the label!  Yes, they have
changed the package and there is a nice red strip that states they are
gluten free.  In comparing the label on the package we already had, I
notice the address for the company is now based in Texas instead of
California.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the new
packaging.  The flour tortillas are also in a new package.

        If you would like to write the company to thank them for the new
labels, the email is [log in to unmask] or you can mail your
comments to:  Consumer Affairs, PO Box 167847, Irving, TX 75016-7847
Maybe all those phone calls are paying off!  :)

        You can also find recipes at http://www.missionfoods.com
according to the back of the package.  I imagine if the recipes are not
GF, they could be adapted to be.