From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 11:42:56 -0500

Thanks, Janet.

You were so kind to share your experiences. My first little girl was
stillborn, so I understand that strange feeling of being a mother, but
having no children, and I also can relate to what you meant about the
difficulty of making it through the next pregnancy.  How fortunate we were
to have later successes!

The child with spina bifida has an older sister who is Grace's buddy at
school, and she's just fine.  I don't know why these pregnancies can turn
out so different, but I think the research to find out is underway.  I hope
our children will have a much smoother course.

Thanks for your post.

Susan Owens