Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:35:03 -0700

I have been strictly gluten-free for 2 years. For the past month, I
have been waking at 3:30 AM nightly with severe itching accompanied by
bumps on my skin in various locations. Around my hips, behind my
knees, between my thighs, and occasionally inside my elbows and
wrists. I classify these reactions as severe, moderate and mild, with
severe reactions consistently occurring between my thighs, moderate
around my hips and behind my knees, and mild elsewhere. I'm keeping a
food journal and during normal waking hours I sometimes can relate a
mild reaction to a recent food.  For example, two days in a row,
watermelon in the afternoon resulted in mild reaction within 1 or 2
hours.  I am pretty sure I can relate severe reactions to cashews,
mangos, and my daughter's GF chocolate chip cookies with macadamia
nuts (made from scratch), but the delay between eating and reacting
makes it muddled. I've avoided mangos and cashews and cookies this
week and avoided most severe reactions.

Sometimes I take Benadryl at 4AM  and it makes the reaction subside,
so that the next day it seems that I am starting 'clean' and I can
keep a simple diet with minor variations to check for culprits, but
last night I avoided the Benadryl, the reaction stayed with me through
the morning, and without a clean baseline, I'm challenged as to what
to eat today.

If anybody has any experience with this I'd appreciate any feedback.
Jacob
Oregon