From:
David & Sharon Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:19:23 -0400

Dear fellow members,

I have my irst visit with a hospital dietician yesterday and
she assured me that ALL distilled alcoholic beverages
(gin,rye,whiskey,scotch,brandy & vodka), wines and liqueurs
are GF.  This is directly from a handout they give to all
patients from the Ontario Hospital Association - Ontario
Dietetic Association.

She even said white vinegar no matter how it is distilled is
GF and the one to whatch is Malt vinegar & was unsure about
balsamic. Apparently if anyone out there has a scientific
background, during the distilling process it is the
condensation that is utilized and the rest is left behind.
During lab testing the is absolutely no protien in vinegar
or alcohol and therefore gluten, being a protien cannot be
present.  Have you all heard this stuff before because I am
more confused.  I sence that there are some discrepencies
between the Canada and the U.S. in these matters.  What can
anyone tell me to set the record straight?

Thanks in advance
Sharon in Waterdown, ON