From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:50:37 -0700

Hi All--

Well, guess this is the day for restaurant info. I
posted just this a.m. about Breyers' curt response to
my inquiry and I just read Jean's post on Applebee's.

I was in an Old Chicago Bar & Grill in Lawrence, KS a
few weeks ago and had a plain hamburger and fries.

Unfortunately, I got gluten somewhere; however, when I
left, I asked the hostess if she could give me the
headquarter's address. She mentioned it to the manager
and before long, the manager came up front to give me
the address and asked if there had been a problem with
my meal. I told her, no, (didn't know yet that
something had been contaminated) but that I wanted to
write headquarters to tell them that offering a baked
potato would really be nice, especially for people on
restricted diets. The manager said, "Oh, that's not a
problem. Just call us before you come in and we'll
make sure we have a baked potato ready for you when
you get here." I asked her if they had potatoes they
could bake and she said, "No, we'll just go out and
buy you one."

If any of you think like me, that was the best service
I've ever received...just the willingness to go out of
their way to accommodate me was worth a million bucks!

I have the restaurant's address and will now not only
ask that they offer baked potatoes, but commend them
on the exceptional service!

Kudos for Old Chicago!

Cheers,
Ayn