From:
Linda Levinsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:58:48 -0500

When I was informed of a business meeting at Big Bowl in Chicago, I checked
out their website (http://www.bigbowl.com) and sent them an email:
"I have Celiac Disease and cannot eat anything containing gluten (including
soy sauce).

Is it possible to order dishes from Big Bowl without Soy Sauce?"

A few hours later I had their response: "Hi there, Thanks for your
email.  It is possible to order any of our dishes without soy sauce.
Rice noodles will be fine for you, but stay away from any other noodles.
Also stay away from any dishes containing oyster sauce and chili sauce.

Hope this helps.  Feel free to contact us with any other questions.

-The Big Bowl Team"

When I was ordering at the restaurant today, I mentioned I have "food
allergies" (which usually works out better than "Gluten Intolerance") and
right away the very helpful waiter said they had a book with all sorts of
allergies etc, that he would check it out. I told him I'd received the
email, but he said he still wanted to look it up just to be sure. He came
back, asked if I was OK with corn starch, and then placed the order.

It was incredible to see how considerate he was towards my "food allergies"!

The food was excellent - huge portions! - and the service was excellent as
well.

I can highly recommend a gluten free meal at Big Bowl!

Renae
Chicagoland