From:
ANAFFECT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:15:49 EDT

Hi List:
Here are the several responses from a comment in one of my posts that "my
family eats rice daily and I hope it's not true that an allergy can occur."
Thanks for the feedback!
Wendy, Exton, PA

1. Well, if you are allergic to anything besides wheat, I'd quit eating rice
daily if I were you.  I'm pretty sure rice didn't bother me at first (although
there were so many problems at the beginning I can't be sure).  But I'm also
pretty sure I do now have a problem with it.  Amongst many other foods.  But,
having gone off all grains, and soy and milk for 3 months now, I am better
able to tolerate other allergens like bananas, kiwi, etc.  The key, accord to
Dr. Braly's Food Allergy Nutrition Revolution, is to avoid eating anything
daily.  Every 4-5 days only, if you are an "allergic" person. I also have
(probably have had) an allergy to the whole potato/tomato family, which I only
recently quit eating, so don't know how long it will take to lick that
allergic reaction.  Helen
2. Doesn't happen to the Chinese :)
3. I have eaten one or more potatoes per day, almost every day, for over sixty
years and I have yet to develop and allergy to potato to add to others that I
have. George
4. Rice contains no allergens.  I have been consuming rice flour everything
for 22 years.  And loving it.  Sandy