From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:07:06 EDT

Hi listmates,

Several years ago, daughter number 2, had a biopsy performed for stomach
problems.  The test was not done for celiac, and I know that the doctor
who ordered the biopsy was (and is) not knowledgeable about CD.  My daughter
who gets sick every time she has gluten, feels that the biopsy clears her of
any possibility of having CD.

My question is, especially to those with medical knowledge:
If a biopsy was done five years ago and they were not looking for CD,
what are the chances of it being accurate for diagnosing CD?

Although I have totally given up with my adult children suffering from
stomach pains and exhaustion, and other much more lethal ailments, I
want to clear up any misinformation they may have. It is better coming
from others.  Then at least I feel I have done my part.

Thanks to all,  Carol in NJ