From:
Jennifer O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 19:38:41 -0400

<Being relatively new to this service...>
<...caramel colouring in Diet Coke...>

To John and Di Bohmer,
My first reply on this list, hope I do it right...  Our daughter, Molly,
diagnosed w/ CD about a year and a half ago at age 16 mos loves Diet Coke!
 As far as we know the coloring is A-OK.  Not so sure about Schweppes.

Regarding the negative biopsy, must be on a gluten (full) diet to cause the
lesions, can take time (months?!)  This was a painful experience for Molly
and for us to watch. (This info also for Dave Elphinstone).  Also, our
Pediatric Gastroenterologist did the Anti Gliadin Antibody (ADA) titre and
Anti Endomysial Antibody (AMA) titre to confirm and as follow up, might ask
your Pediatrician.

Regards and cheers to you from around the globe, in Norfolk, VA, USA

P.S. My wife says "as of 1/95 Schweppes (all) is reportedly OK, this from the
TriCounty Celiac Support Group (authors of Spruenik)"

Joe and Jenny O'Brien

online: EVMS [log in to unmask]