From:
ROSALIE JALBERT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 00:05:25 EDT

My son, Russ, the celiac ofthe family is a lefty. I do not remember his
blood type but will try to search it out because I am also curious about
similarities in celiac. He is also IgA negative and has asthma and vitiligo
which are all auto-immune disease, I believe.

As for recipes, I think Bette Hagmann has wonderful bread machine recipes
in her More from the Gluten Free Gourmet. Ener-g foods has very good mixes,
especially the tapioca bread machine mix as do several other companies
which are great for those on-the-run (no pun intended).

Bette is also writing a new cookbook on cooking with bean flour I believe.
Most Celiac support groups have published their own tried and true recipe
books from their members. It's all out there already.  CSA has several
cookbooks. The Houston chapter has many many recipes that I have had great
success with. Contact your local support group or CSA/USA, CDF, ACS and
GIG. I'm sure they could help.  Last but not least is Sandra Leonard's The
Gluten-Free Baker Newsletter.

I apologize if any of this is repetitious but since I no longer get the
list in digest form, I can now answer questions as they come in whereas
under the digest form, I couldn't keep track of them.

If anymore information is needed, please e-mail me so that anyone not
interested in the info will not have their mailbox cluttered.

Rosalie