Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:11:26 -0400

Hello, and thank you for all the responses!  I only had 1 person say they
had a horrible experience with the food.  Here are the rest of the ideas!
 --Michelle

Seems they have GF pasta, Bread, a flour-less cake to die for

But no gf cereals, pizza, or waffles/pancakes

When on a land excursion, you can ask them for a box lunch

Bring some gf snack bars and comfort snacks for your travel to & from the
ship

my own rice chips, crackers, nuts, and even some canned chicken

always carried fruit off the ship

 EAT IN THE DINING ROOM as much as possible. If she goes to the breakfast or
lunch buffet, she needs the dining room manager or representative to point
out safe gluten free choices. They will even have gluten free bread on hand
where they make sandwiches., at the buffet.
bring on board gluten free bread , cake muffin choices from home and they
will bake them for you.

 Tell your daughter that the weakest link in the dining room are the table
servers, NOT  the cooks, so she should try to get assigned to the same
servers every evening,as much as possible. The EARLY seating is better for
service, as the staff is not so tired.

came each night to the table to help me decide gluten free meal for the next
evening.  I had great meals, but I only ate in the dining room, never at the
buffet

In the evening at dinner, the chef made me several different desserts so I
could take one with me to have a sweet snack late in the evening. CremBrele'
is very good and can be made glutenfree - and also cheesecake

When I travel, I pack canned tuna and chicken (a can opener) and Helmann's
mayonaise.  I can mix up a high protein snack and have with a safe potato
chip or GF cracker (I like Glutino brand).  In addition, a good peanut
butter and honey, agave or jelly is always nice to take.  Again, this can be
eaten with a GF cracker.  My son likes to travel with GF Hormel Chili with
beans and take fritoes to make a chili pie.  I like to make a snack mix with
popcorn, rice chex, glutino pretzels, cashews or almonds drizzled with GF/DF
chocolate chips.

I also travel with a Magic Bullet and chocolate rice protein from Whole
Foods.  She can get bananas from the dining room, add some ice, milk (if
sensitive to dairy, she can take rice, almond or coconut milk with her), and
peanut butter.  Blend it up for a nutritious and delicious protein shake!  A
whole meal for sure!  Rice chex and corn chex are both gluten free if they
serve these on board.  If not, a safe bet is always a  hard boiled egg with
sliced tomatoes.

*******
*******