From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:18:07 -0600

Hi All,
I wanted to respond to the list on this one. I was told, after allergy
testing, that I was allergic to mold. I really wasn't sure what that meant,
or what to do about it. At the time, I had so many other dietary issues on
my plate that I paid it little heed.

Then, I started to realize that when I ate mushrooms of any sort, I became
ill. So, I stopped eating mushrooms. When we moved to a new home, and we
set up my office over the garage, rather than in the basement, I
experienced another improvement. My wife says that the latter improvement
is because I'm being indulged, but I suspect it might be related to mold.
Certainly mushrooms are a form of mold.

I also think that we should all be tested for an immune response to milk
proteins.

best wishes,
Ron Hoggan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Mimi <[log in to unmask]> said:

I recently went to my regular doctor with a list of tests that are
reccomended for celiacs (bone density, sensitivity to seafood, etc.). One
was for mold sensitivity. He said there's really not much point in doing
that test, because if you are allergic to mold, what are you going to do?
From this I assumed (as he apparently did) that the concern was with
airborne mold. Now I am reading that is ingested mold? - makes more sense
as a concern for celiacs.
<<<<