Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:22:12 EST

These are great....

Rolled Sugar Cookies
Diana in Iowa

1 + 1/2 c white rice flour
1/2 teas cream of tartar
1/2 teas baking soda
1 + 1/2 teas xanthan (or guar) gum
1/8 teas salt
1/2 cup BUTTER (not margarine!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teas vanilla (or any GF flavor)
1 egg - Cold

    Combine rice flour, cream of tartar, soda, gum, and salt.  Mix well.  Cut
in butter until mixture is in crumbs the size of peas.  In small bowl beat
sugar, egg and vanilla together.  Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and
mix until dough pulls away from the sides.  Form into a flat ball - wrap well
and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
    Using FREEZER PAPER, dusted with rice flour… sprinkle dough with flour
and roll 1/4"  thick and cut out shapes as desired.
    Bake at 350* for 12 minutes(+/-)  Cool on wire rack.
PLEASE! Follow ALL of the directions to atee.  If you substitute, for example…
 wax paper for freezer paper… you will have problems.

I always make a double batch and I usually roll out a bit thicker than 1/4".