From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 08:13:39 -0700

Dear Celiacphiles!
Thank you very much for the overwhelming response that I received regarding
the celiac talk!
Here are the replies:

We have a Facts sheet on our website www.celiaccenter.org that you can print
out.  Hope this is helpful.
*********************************
GIG has the best brochure. go to www.gluten.net
Gluten Intolerance Group based in Seattle, Washington
**********************************
GIG has printable brochures that can be found on their website -
<http://www.gluten.net/publications.html>http://www.gluten.net/publications.html
  They are short and to the point.
***********************************
There's a good brochure on Wild Oats' web site
<http://www.wildoats.com/u/health100071/>. Click on "Download our
gluten-free guide". Another good one is on Enjoy Life Foods' web site
<http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cart/PDF_files/enjoy_life_education_bro.pdf>.
That one addresses more food sensitivities than just gluten.
************************************
Great!  Doing a talk, I've done a few, I'm a veteran of this and learned
talk, talk, and talk some more about this issue.
I have 5 children and 3 are on the diet along with me, the twins, now
three, have not been exposed to gluten/wheat in their young life,
occasionally they do get it now but it's not something I seek out or buy
for them.

By giving information to others you help yourself to better understand the
disorder, as with the cooking for me the more I learn the more I can set
the food issue aside and have it not be an 'issue'.

Enough of that, I saved this link and letter, it's a terrific bit of basic
info, along with the letter that came along to the list.

Enjoy and keep talking.  I just looked at the site again and it's added a
bit more to the pdf file.

http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cart/PDF_files/enjoy_life_education_bro.pdf

www.enjoylifefoods.com

I deleted some extra marks and repeated mail headers.

Poster:       Cindy Kaplan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      user-friendly brochure on gluten-free living
Hi everyone!

A lot of you have been asking about a brochure on celiac for
health care practitioners, family members and "newbies" to the gluten-free
diet. I have recently created something like this that may be of some help
to you. I wrote it using expert input from Shelley Case, Cynthia Kupper,
Dr. Murray, Dr. Guandilini, Sue Mikolaitis and Dr. Kettelhut (allergist) among
others. It is an up-to-date and user-friendly guide to understanding
gluten, celiac disease, and wheat allergies/intolerances. It also contains tips
for eating healthfully on a gluten-free diet and for dining out safely. There
is a cut-out card with gluten-containing ingredients to avoid on one side and
guidance for restaurant eating on the other. It also lists many great
resources, including books, websites, magazines and support organizations.
You can view a "virtual" copy online at our website by following this link

http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cart/PDF_files/enjoy_life_education_bro.pdf

We have been providing this brochure to doctors and nutritionists, as well
as health food stores and recently diagnosed celiacs, for several months
and have gotten great feedback. We will happily provide a complimentary stack
of these brochures to anyone who falls in this category. You may refer
healthcare practitioners to us - just ask them to email a request to
[log in to unmask] or call us at 888.50.ENJOY.
***************************
You can contact Gluten Free Living magazine.  They have a tri-fold that is
vey informative.  They will probably send you a quantity for free.
****************************
Hi..I have an article that might help on my website. Go to either
http://www.naturalfoodworks.com (read article called "Food and Mood")
..or go to our food blog at http://www.naturalfoodworks.com (read
article called gluten/dairy free diet). The article summarizes the
research in a readable, easily grasped manner. At the end is a tip
sheet telling the reader what they can and can't eat. I've used it for
years with customers in my health food store as a way to give them a
quick intro to the subject. Feel free to print and distribute,  or send
people to the blog to read and comment if they like.

I will continue on another page........

Celiac best,
Susan