From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 08:24:10 -0700

Hi Celiacphiles!
This is a continuation of the responses received regarding the celiac talk:
First, a warning of benefit!:

When a person with celiac disease gets diagnosed too late or doesn't stay
gluten/wheat free there is an end-stage when food can't be absorbed
anymore, nothing by mouth . I know because I was diagnosed too late I live
on tpn and daily hydration.
*******************************
You can contact the CSA in Omaha, NB.  The have a nice pamphlet.

Celiac Sprue Assoc.
PO Box 31700
Omaha, Nebraska   68131-0700

Web site:   csaceliacs.org

e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
********************************
suggest you contact the Celiac Disease Foundation
ask them to send you  (the number needed) of their information pamphlet on
celiac disease.
Its the best one I've seen.
their website is
www.celiac.org
**********************************
I found a nice condensed version of what Celiac Disease is all about
at  www.Wegmans.com.
(Supermarket chain) Go to allergies and then to gluten. I thought that it
was really a good explanation.
Call me or email me your phone number.
web site:csaceliacs.org   toll free:1/877-CSA-4CSA
May I suggest that you include the spina bifida and the risk of folate
deficiency in the context of celiac disease?

Thank you again for all the great suggestions!

Celiac best,
Susan