From:
Barbara Jean Kuehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 12:11:25 -0500

I made the mistake once of drinking a wine cooler thinking that it was
made from wine.  Later, I discovered that wine coolers are really a
malt beverage.  I've been living glutenfree for about 10 years now
and I still had a reaction to the wine cooler although my reaction was
not nearly as bad as it used to be 10 years ago.  Rather than give myself
license to eat small amounts of gluten (because the reaction wasn't
nearly as bad as before), I rationalized that the reduced reaction was
probably due to the fact that my villi were in a healthy state at the
time.  Were I to begin eating small amounts of gluten again, I would
probably eventually return to the same sorry state I was in 10 years
ago.  No wine cooler or beer is worth that to me.

BJ